UNESCO GEOPARK SHARING TOUR:
THE FORGOTTEN FOREST BETWEEN LAND AND SEA
The Kilim Karst Mangrove was the first site in Southeast Asia to be named a UNESCO Geopark. An insular mangrove forest coexists with magnificent fossil-rich, near vertical to limestone hills surrounded dating back to over 400 million years.
This once-arcane coral is now home to a unique floristic group of plants, some of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Tunnels through caves and spot eagles, kites, kingfishers, mudskippers, fiddler crabs, monitor lizards and a variety of other fauna that thrive beneath and between the meandering towers of limestone.
- Rate: MYR/RM140 per adult, MYR/RM70 per child (5 to 12 years old)
- A minimum of One (1) adult is required to be eligible for child ticket prices.
- Available: Daily Time: 10.30am – 1.30pm *Tour times may change subject to daily tidal variations Duration: 2.5 hrs hours on boat.
- Recommended Attire: T-shirts, shorts or pants, sandals or walking shoes and some sun protection.
- Numbers: Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 8 person per boat
- Fitness Level: Easy Inclusive of: English-Speaking Nature Guide, Boat Ride, Life Jacket will be provided and Bottle drinking water
- Places to visit: Sungai Kisap, Sungai Tanjung Rhu and Sungai Kilim, Open sea (the kilim geopark signboard), Crocodile Cave (no crocodile), Fish Farm Tour, Eagle watching area, Langkawi Geopark signboard and open sea boat ride.
Wildlife we might get to see is Eagles, Kites, Kingfishers, Lapwings, Monitor Lizards, Mud Lobster, Mudskippers, Horse-shoe Crab, Nose Leaf Bats, Mangrove Pit-Viper, Crab-Eating Macaque and if we are lucky is Indo-Pacific Humpbacked Dolphins and Otters
10.30am: Arrived at Tanjung Rhu Jetty. Safety brief by Nature Guide. Toilet break
10.45am: Get on explorer boat. Slow boat ride through tanjung rhu river, kisap river towards kilim river, make a stop at eagles watching area, stop at crocodile cave, continue cruising towards kilim river and visit fish farm. Drive out to open sea to visit Geopark site and enjoy Geopark’s scenery. Fast ride back to tanjung rhu jetty through open sea.
1.30pm: Arrived back at jetty and toilet break