The forgotten forest between land and sea
The Kilim Karst Mangrove was the first site in Southeast Asia to be named a UNESCO Geopark. An insular mangrove forest coexists with magnificent fossil-rich, near vertical to limestone hills surrounded dating back to over 400 million years.
This once-arcane coral is now home to a unique floristic group of plants, some of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Tunnels through caves and spot eagles, kites, kingfishers, mudskippers, fiddler crabs, monitor lizards and a variety of other fauna that thrive beneath and between the meandering towers of limestone.
- Rate: MYR/RM140 per adult, MYR/RM70 per child (5 to 12 years old)
- A minimum of One (1) adult is required to be eligible for child ticket prices.
- Available: Daily Time: 10.30am – 1.30pm (Tour times may change subject to daily tidal variations)
- Duration: 2.5 hrs hours on boat.
- Recommended Attire: T-shirts, shorts or pants, sandals or walking shoes and some sun protection.
- Numbers: Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 8 person per boat
- Fitness Level: Easy Inclusive of: English-Speaking Nature Guide, Boat Ride, Life Jacket will be provided and Bottle drinking water
- Places to visit: Sungai Kisap, Sungai Tanjung Rhu and Sungai Kilim, Open sea (the kilim geopark signboard), Crocodile Cave (no crocodile), Fish Farm Tour, Eagle watching area, Langkawi Geopark signboard and open sea boat ride.
The wildlife we might get to see is Eagles, Kites, Kingfishers, Lapwings, Monitor Lizards, Mud Lobster, Mudskippers, Horse-shoe Crab, Nose Leaf Bats, Mangrove Pit-Viper, Crab-Eating Macaque and if we are lucky is Indo-Pacific Humpbacked Dolphins and Otters
- 10.20am: Arrived at Tanjung Rhu Jetty. Safety brief by Nature Guide.
- 10.30am: Get on explorer boat. Slow boat ride through tanjung rhu river, kisap river towards kilim river, make a stop at eagles watching area, stop at crocodile cave, continue cruising towards kilim river and visit fish farm. Drive out to open sea to visit Geopark site and enjoy Geopark’s scenery.
Fast ride back to tanjung rhu jetty through open sea (weather permit)
- 1.00pm: Arrived back at jetty.
Our pace, at every level, is relaxed, let your senses take over, hear the birds, feel the refreshing breeze on your skin, and enjoy countryside life. Our guide will stop at several places to give you a better insight into the area and its people.
Come along on our adventures and let our knowledgeable naturalist reveal its hidden secrets.
Relax your thoughts and pamper your body with a variety of packages that include exquisite scrubs made from a combination of fresh flowers, honey, and herbs.
Birdwatching Tour Halfday
Cross off all the amazing bird species on your bird checklist while enjoying the natural beauty of Langkawi.
Visitors can kayak along the river and hike through a mangrove forest to Pinang Cave. The remains of an ancient sea cave, formed by waves, are visible from the water.