Langkawi is home to over 200 species of birds, of which about one third are migrants. These migrants winter are here between the months of November and April. The most suitable hours to observe birds at the equator are either early mornings or early evenings when they are most active. This half day tour is spread over two sessions. Suitable for both the serious birder and the birding enthusiast. The itinerary is flexible and can be modified depending on your target birds.
- MYR/RM 250 per adult
- Child (not available) – this tour is not recommended for children
- Available: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Time: 7.30am – 11.30 and 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Duration: 4 hours per session
- Attire: Tee Shirts, shorts, walking shoes, hat and good sun protection avoid bright colored clothes
- Numbers: Minimum 2 persons, maximum 8 persons
- Fitness level: Very easy.
- Inclusive of: Return Transfers, bird guide, bird list, binoculars, field scope and bottle drinking water
The organisation conducting this tour, subscribe to the Birdlife International Guidelines for Best Practices on Bird Tourism for this tour, thus no feeding activity.
- 7.30am-11.30am: Depart from hotel and begin the tour. Starts with observing rainforest birds. The second point is to the mangrove’s forest and ends with paddy field birds.
- 3.30pm-7.30 pm: Depart from hotel and begin the tour. Start this session with a short drive to a local village pond. We then drive to the highest peak in Langkawi.
- Return Transfers
- English-Speaking Nature Guide
- Insurance Coverage
- Bottle water
- Binocular to use (we advise to bring your own)
What’s not included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Personal Expenses
Our pace, at every level, is relaxed, let your senses take over, hear the birds, feel the refreshing breeze on your skin, and enjoy countryside life. Our guide will stop at several places to give you a better insight into the area and its people.
Come along on our adventures and let our knowledgeable naturalist reveal its hidden secrets.
UNESCO Geopark Sharing Tour
Enjoy the spectacular sights and amazing experience of the karst formation alongside the diversity of mangrove's wildlife and its environment.
Relax your thoughts and pamper your body with a variety of packages that include exquisite scrubs made from a combination of fresh flowers, honey, and herbs.
Visitors can kayak along the river and hike through a mangrove forest to Pinang Cave. The remains of an ancient sea cave, formed by waves, are visible from the water.