Langkawi is home to approximately 200 species of birds, of which about one third are migrants. These migrants winter here between the months of September and April. The most suitable hours to observe birds at the equator are either early mornings or early evenings when they are most active. This half day tour is spread over two sessions. This tour is suitable for both the serious birder and the birding enthusiast. The itinerary is flexible and can be modified depending on your target birds.
- MYR/ RM200 per adult. Child (Not available)
- Available: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Time: 7.30am – 11.30 and 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Duration: 4 hours per session
- Attire: Tee Shirts, shorts, walking shoes, hat and good sun protection avoid bright colored clothes
- Numbers: Minimum 4 persons, maximum 8 persons
- Fitness level: Very easy.
- Inclusive of: Return Transfers, bird guide, bird list, binoculars, field scope and bottle drinking water
We subscribe to the Birdlife International Guidelines for Best Practices on Bird Tourism for this tour
7.30am: Depart from hotel and begin the tour. Starts with observing rainforest birds. The second point is to the mangrove’s forest and ends with paddy field birds.
3.30pm: Begin this session with a short drive to a local village pond. We then drive to the highest peak in Langkawi.