UNESCO GEOPARK PRIVATE TOUR:
THE FORGOTTEN FOREST BETWEEN LAND AND SEA
This excursion is the most highly recommended trip in Langkawi. Join our guide on this most memorable outing of the best Langkawi has to offer and take home lasting impressions of this magical place. Sheer limestone cliffs, fiords and sea stacks majestically rise like ancient temples out of the ocean. The porous nature of limestone that is continually exposed to the dehydrating sun, wind and salt from the oceans has resulted in the growth of a unique flora some of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Rain and the tidal movements will weather and shape these stunning Karst formations giving rise to numerous caves, crevasses and canyons. Let our experienced guide take you back into time for a tour surely not to be missed.
- Rate: MYR/ RM600
- Available: Daily Time: 8.00am, 10.00am, 12.00pm and 2.30pm
- Duration: 2.5 hrs hours on boat.
- Recommended Attire: T-shirts, shorts or pants, sandals or walking shoes and some sun protection.
- Numbers: Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 8 person per boat
- Fitness Level: Easy
- Inclusive of: English-Speaking Nature Guide, Boat Ride, Life Jacket will be provided and Bottle drinking water
- Places to visit: Sungai Kisap, Sungai Tanjung Rhu and Sungai Kilim, Open sea (the kilim geopark signboard), Crocodile Cave (no crocodile), Fish Farm Tour, Eagle watching area, Langkawi Geopark signboard and open sea boat ride.
Wildlife we might get to see is Eagles, Kites, Kingfishers, Lapwings, Monitor Lizards, Mud Lobster, Mudskippers, Horse-shoe Crab, Nose Leaf Bats, Mangrove Pit-Viper, Crab-Eating Macaque and if we are lucky is Indo-Pacific Humpbacked Dolphins and Otters
2.30pm: Arrived at Tanjung Rhu Jetty. Safety brief by Nature Guide. Toilet break
2.45pm: Get on explorer boat. Slow boat ride through Tanjung Rhu river, kisap river towards kilim river, make a stop at eagles watching area, stop at crocodile cave, continue cruising towards kilim river and visit the fish farm. Drive out to open sea to visit Geopark site and enjoy Geopark’s scenery. The fast ride back to Tanjung Rhu jetty through open sea.
5.30pm: Arrived back at the jetty and toilet break.